Bring the Vet to your Pet!
Serving Southern Illinois
After earning her veterinary degree from the University of Illinois,
Dr. Poe practiced in West Virginia for several years. She returned to Southern Illinois in 2008 and joined a practice in Carbondale. In 2012 she founded Veterinary Housecall Services. Her goal is to help clients who have difficulty transporting their pets to a veterinary office and to save pets from the stress of a hospital visit.
- Puppy, kitten and annual exams
- Nail trims, anal glands.
- Heartworm testing, leukemia/FIV testing.
- Micro-chipping and registration.
- Internal and external parasite testing & control (deworming, flea & tick, mites, etc.)
- Diagnostic laboratory tests, including bloodwork, urinalysis and fecal exams.
- Examination and treatment of non-surgical conditions.
- Long-term management of chronic diseases such as chronic kidney disease & diabetes.
- Dispensing of or prescriptions for needed medications.
- Nutritional and weight management consultation.
- Health Certificates, examinations and testing needed for travel, including international travel.
- In-home euthanasia and aftercare arrangements.
We are not equipped to handle most emergencies as these frequently require x-rays, surgery or hospitalization.
For emergencies please contact a local area animal hospital.
You may also contact the
Animal Emergency Center at 534-334-3499
nights, weekends and holidays.